Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fun Road Trip to Little Rock but no win!


This past weekend, I went with my favorite MSU fans Brad & Maren to Little Rock to cheer on the Bulldogs. These two are the BEST and always invite me to be the third wheel wherever they go. When we got in town, we went to meet up with Maren's parents and several of their friends at the Flying Saucer. We had a ton of fun with them...they were hilarious! Afterwards, we went to Sticky Fingerz to hear Outformation . We didn't stay long since we had to rest up for the big game the next day.

We left the hotel at 9:15am to have plenty of time to get to the stadium...boy, were we cutting it close! Traffic was horrendous, parking was $20, the parking area happened to be a golf course and it was a huge mess. If you have never been to this game, you MUST go! I have never seen so many true rednecks in my entire life. I will have to post pictures of these people later.  From what my friends from Arkansas tell me, you will not see this in Fayetteville, only in Little Rock.  The ballgame was UP & DOWN and UP & DOWN some more.....the joys of being a Bulldog fan. As you already know, we lost which is always hard.

So in true BULLDOG fashion, we held our heads up high and kept on going. We left the game and headed back down to the Riverfront. We started out at Sticky Fingerz to eat and then went to the Underground Pub to meet up with Maren's parents & their friends again to watch the Rebels and Tigers. WOW-what a game! After the game, we went back to Sticky Fingerz to hear the Dirty Dozen which is one of my favorite bands. One of my college friends, Molly Carson lives in Little Rock.  We met up with her and her friends and were able to share a table with them. What an awesome weekend in Little Rock even though we didn't come home with a win....maybe we can pull it out this weekend!





Me, Brad and Maren at Dirty Dozen



Me and Miss Molly



Me and ET from Dirty Dozen...it's been awhile since I've ran into him but he still remembers me as Smillie's friend...he is a MESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment