Sunday, May 2, 2010

In the bed and plenty of time for updates....


I have not fallen off of the face of the earth, just been a little tied up lately.  Make a long story short, I have not been feeling well lately and had a gallbladder attack on Thursday morning which sent me to Corinth to visit Dr. Phil Mathis.  I had an ultrasound on my gallbladder; however, there were no gallstones.  So...a CT was taken and they found that my gallbladder was functioning at 17%....yes, 17%!  So long story short, you don't have to have gallstones in order to have your gallbladder removed.  I'm now back in Jackson recovering and will have plenty of time to update my blog so for my few readers, get ready for lots of updates!  Hope you had a great weekend....I did!  I feel like a new person even though I'm in miserable pain. 
Who knew something so small could cause so much pain?  If you have the symptoms, get rid of it...totally worth it!  And props to the Dr. Mathis aka Phil....he is not only a great family friend, best friend of my dad's and like a 2nd dad but a FABULOUS surgeon and doctor!  I'm all about the docs who get to the point, take care of the problem quickly and have you back home within a couple of hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment