Thursday, February 4, 2010

I LOVE MY BULLDOGS!!!!


Since childbirth, my dad taught me to EAT, BREATHE and SLEEP Mississippi State sports.  I had several cheerleading outfits, smocked MSU clothing, mini cowbells and numerous dog paw tattoos on my face.  I loved reading the game day programs and looking at all of the cheerleaders, pom squad members and most importantly, the player's pictures.  So with all of that said, my LOVE for MSU continues on as I grow older. 

When I was younger, I dreamed of attending MSU, sharing a dormroom with my very best friend since childhood, (who happened to grow up the same way I did as a MSU fan) join a sorority and attended sporting events as a college student.  Well, in 1999, my dream FINALLY came true!  I moved to Starkville, MS that August, my residence was Rice Hall, lived with my best friend, Lyndsey, joined a sorority (KD,) attended every football game, several basketball & baseball games and started living out my dream.  My experiences at STATE were more than I could have imagined!  I made a ton of new friends, kept my hometown friends and made memories that will last forever. (Sorry if that sounds corny!)  I could go on and on about my college experience but I would have to write an entire novel.

As I said earlier, I've always had a passion for MSU sports but recently, my passion has grown into a true obsession.  Now, I feel like a kid at Christmas on signing day, opening day of football season and when our season tickets come in the mail.  I am apart of such a fun tailgate group (friends from college) and sit with several of them at the games.  We literally crave the weekends of tailgating and game day and when the season is over, become somewhat depressed.  At the age of 28, I am officially a MSU junkie.  I listen to Out of Bounds Sports Radio every morning from 7am-10am, read the MSU blogs & the Clarion Ledger multiple times a day, subscribed to Gene's Page and Bulldawg Junction and visit Rivals.com, Scout.com and ESPN (which is now blocked at work.)  See, I told you I'm a junkie and it's almost sad; however, when you EAT, BREATHE and SLEEP MSU from an early age, you naturally become more involved as you grow older, right?

Well, last night, I had the honor and priveledge of attending The Central Alumni Association's Signing Day party at The South.  Great venue, great food, great turnout (500+ attendees) and most importantly, a speech and visit from Coach Dan Mullen and Greg Byrne.  I am very excited about our signing class and cannot wait for Football Season 2010! 

Dan the Man and his two biggest fans!!!
The Egg trophy that we won/deserve & are not giving back!

Me & Coach Mullen....such a great coach & man!!
Me & my tailgate/football game buddy & partner in crime in front of the trophy

1 comment: